The latest addition to Avalon Waterways’ fleet, Avalon Expression, is a sleek Suite Ship with itineraries along the Rhîne, Main and Danube rivers. Here we take you through the new cruise ship’s features
Avalon Expression has an elegant and contemporary design throughout, with wall-to-wall panoramic French balconies in each suite allowing guests to relax beside the river from the comfort of their room.
Dining on board ranges from fine dining in The Restaurant and exclusive Panorama Bistro in the Lounge, to open-air barbeques on the Sky Deck.
Avalon Expression‘s streamlined, panoramic windows in both the Lounge and Restaurant frame the passing landscape – and for an even better view you can relax at the front of the ship in the sheltered outdoor Observation Lounge.
The little touches on Avalon Expression, such as the marble and granite bathroom with power shower, extravagant L‘Occitane bath products and dark polished wood – and the beds angled for a perfect view of the river – define this ship as a luxury river cruise experience.
The 166-passenger ship features:
- Wall-to-wall panoramic windows
- Sky Deck with shade system, premium lounge chairs, games areas and whirlpool
- Fitness centre
- Complimentary wifi access
- Outside Viewing Deck
- Hair salon (manicures available)
- Access to iPad mobile digital devices (Royal Suites only)
- Expanded “on-demand” in-room entertainment
- Panorama Bistro for intimate dining
- Self-serve beverage station with complimentary tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees
- Well-stocked library
- L‘Occitane bathroom products
Avalon Expression will sail on itineraries such as The Legendary Danube, The Blue Danube Discovery and Magnificent Europe.
Look for the full Cruise Ship Review in the August/September issue of Cruise International out in July