Cruise International tips for first time cruisers
You’re spoilt for choice when selecting a cruise, but how do you choose the right cruise line and ship for you when there are an ever-increasing range on offer?
For first-time cruisers or the more experienced traveller, the best place to start is here.
1. What type of cruise is right for you?
The first and most important thing to decide is what type of cruise do you want to go on.
Consider the following questions:
- Are you travelling alone or with a family?
- Are you interested in the classic cruise experience (including formal nights and dinner at the Captain’s table) or more adventurous expeditions?
- Would you like to travel the world’s oceans or calmer paced river cruises?
- Are you looking for an affordable, budget-conscious holiday or the luxury and ultra-luxury that cruising has to offer?
Cruising can cater to whatever requirement you have, so browse the Cruise Types section of our website for ideas
2. Pick a destination
Cruising is a fantastic way to explore a variety of countries in comfort.
Your options are extensive. From island -hopping in the Caribbean, exploring the culture of the Mediterranean, beautiful (if cold) tours of Alaska, through to the ultimate in travel – the Round the World Cruise.
Explore our Destinations section for the inside track on some of the most popular cruising regions in the world.
3. Book your Cruise
A word of advice – book early! Despite popular opinion, last minute bookings are often not the best, and it is only by booking early that you guarantee the cruise experience that you desire.
For our comprehensive advice on the best way to book your cruise, read our Booking Advice here
4. Pack for your cruise
5. Enjoy your cruise
Relax and enjoy the ultimate travel experience, and remember to tell everyone at Cruise-International.com about your experiences when you return!