American Safari Cruises’ Safari Spirit is a small ship with privileged access to small ports. Featuring warm, rich cherry woods, the Safari Spirit provides a welcome sense of luxury without insisting on stuffiness.
Passenger capacity: 6
Number of cabins: 12
What are the most popular destinations and attractions?
Seattle, Alaska, Mexico
What are fellow passengers like?
Passengers of the Safari Spirit tend to be small groups of friends or family
What’s new for 2011 – 2012? What type of meals do you offer?
Fresh local seafood, breads, soups, entrees, desserts served family style
Do you cater to vegetarians and special diets?
What are the dress codes onboard?
Guests wear causal clothing to all meals. Active comfort.
What entertainment is on board the Safari Spirit?
- Book/Video library and flat screen TV
- iPod docking
- Board games
- On Deck hot tub
- Steam sauna
- Exercise equipment
- Kayaks, laser sailboats and water-skis, inflatable skiffs
- Educational presentations
What is inclusive of the price of booking?
- Complimentary microbrews, fine wines, and premium liquors
- Gourmet meals
- Shore excursions
- Onboard Expedition Leader/Naturalist or wine expert
- Airport transfers
- Port Charges, taxes, fees
- Kayaking and shore boat exploring
- Visits with local residents
- Rubber boots and rain gear
- Insulated “Mustang suits” for skiff excursions to view glaciers up-close
- Snorkeling gear and wet suits
- Hydrophones to listen to whales and other below-surface sounds
- Underwater cameras that connect to big-screen TV in main salon
How can I stay in touch with friends and family?
Satellite phone services available for $5.00 per minute. Some cell phone access. Is
Internet access available on board the Safari Spirit?
What is your smoking policy?
Our smoking guests are welcome to smoke on the outer decks and ashtrays are provided.
Do your cabins have soap, shampoo, and conditioner?
How can I celebrate special occasions?
We’ll add event-specific meals, favorite desserts, decorations, and even a private champagne lunch
Do you allow children and young families on board the Safari Spirit?
Yes. Special departures under our “Kids in Nature” program for families with kids 12 years of age and under.
What facilities are available for entertainment of young children?
All activities are family friendly. They help the Chef prepare a “glacier cake” or make cookies and create arts and crafts with materials supplied by the assisting crew. Hot tubs, games, kid-friendly DVDs and books available onboard.
What if I get sick on board?
Your yacht crew is trained in both first aid and CPR and there are first aid supplies onboard.
Is there licensed medical staff onboard?
Will I get seasick or motion sickness on board the Safari Spirit?
Unlikely, as the Safari Spirit rarely travels in open ocean.
Is the water on Safari Spirit safe to drink?