Want to have a fabulous cruise? Of course you do. Whether you’re new to cruising or you’re a seasoned cruiser, here are our Top 10 tips to have your best holiday ever
1. Embarkation day is always busy – don’t panic, the crowds will soon disperse (it’s amazing how quickly this happens), then you’ll be able to find your own rhythm and enjoy the ship at your own pace.
2. Keep your key card with you at all times – you’ll need it to get off and back on the ship, and you’ll also need it for purchases on board.
3. Speciality dining can get booked up very quickly, so it’s a good idea to reserve your table as soon as you can.
4. Stay on the ship’s time. This can change as you travel and you’ll be given a reminder if the clocks are going back or forward as you sail.
5. Ask staff for an alternative to the main dining room or buffet on embarkation day to avoid the crowds.
6. Spa treatments are cheaper on port days because the majority of passengers go on excursions – so if you fancy a facial, massage, teeth whitening or other treatment, that’s a good time to do it.
7. Although modern technology and stabilisers reduce the risk of experiencing motion sickness on a ship, book a midship cabin or stateroom if you’re worried.
8. Do something different on your cruise – whether it’s going to a cookery class, painting Russian matryoshka dolls, attending an art auction, or taking up yoga or salsa, this is the perfect opportunity to try out new things.
9. You don’t have to leave your luggage outside your room the night before disembarking if you are able to carry it off yourself – so you can simply carry on enjoying yourself without rushing back to pack.
10. Cruise lines will often offer incentives while you’re on board to book your next cruise, so it’s worth joining the loyalty programme to make sure you don’t miss out on any deals.
So those are our Top 10 Tips for a fabulous cruise – what are yours?