ITV’s The Cruise will be back on our screens from tonight (Thursday 12 January) at 8.30pm. The six-part documentary is set on board a Princess Cruises ship and goes behind the scenes on what life is like for guests on board the 3,560-guest Royal Princess, and in the process reveals how the crew work together to ensure travellers on board have the best cruise experience.
Hugh Bonneville, who provided the voiceover for the first series, will reprise his role for series two, which was filmed in the Mediterranean last summer.
And to celebrate the start of the second series of The Cruise, the Princess Cruises media team have given us their top five moments of series one.
1. Captain Ed navigating the ship into Stockholm, a difficult task due to the many small islands that the ship has to pass before it can dock.
2. Herbert, also known as ‘Herbert the Hero’, giving his Herbert hugs to cruise guests when returning their luggage that had been lost by the airlines.
3. Darcie’s first ever performance onboard Regal Princess. She was very nervous before the show and it was great to see that everything went well.
4. How happy Rhymond, the deck hand, was when he won the Employee of the Month award, which he very much deserved.
5. Timothy’s dancing when he thinks no one is looking and, of course, his very distinct laugh.
What were your favourites? Tweet us @Cruisemag – and join in the conversation with the hashtag #TheCruise.