Jean-Marie Zimmermann, Michelin-starred chef and Cunard’s culinary ambassador, shares another delicious recipe with us. Go on, try this at home
Baked Lamb in Pastry with Mushroom Duxelle
2 x 7-8 boned lamb racks (French trimmed)
1 x sheet readymade puff pastry
- Trim off any excess fat and sinew from the lamb, cut the lamb in half and remove the middle bones, carefully following the contour of the bones. Season all over with salt and pepper. Using a pallet knife place the chicken mousse on top of the lamb 1/2 inch thick, do not cover the sides of the meat or the base.
- Cut a piece of puff pastry twice the size of the lamb, place around the meat and trim off any excess, do not seal the edges of the pastry. Brush with egg and place in the fridge for 15 mins to rest, repeat the process again and cook in the oven 190°C for 15 mins for medium or 20 mins for well done, allow the lamb to rest for 15 mins.
Chicken Mousse Ingredients
100g Diced chicken
1 Egg white
100ml Whipping cream
1g Ground white pepper
- Place the chicken in a blender, add salt, pepper and egg white, blend slowly. Add the cream while the machine is running. Pass the mousse through a fine sieve, add half of the cooked mushroom duxelle to the mousse and place into the fridge to rest before using.
Mushroom Duxelle Ingredients
100g Button mushrooms finely chopped
50g Oyster mushrooms finely chopped
50g Shallots finely chopped
10g Flat parsley chopped
50ml White wine
25g Unsalted butter
- Sweat the shallots in the butter, add the mushrooms and cook until all the water from the mushrooms has evaporated. Add the white wine and reduce until the pan is dry, then season and add parsley. Remove from the pan and place onto a tray place in the fridge to cool down.
60g diced Maris piper potato
60g Cooked large leaf spinach
10g Oyster mushrooms
4 Cloves garlic
25g Unsalted butter
- Blanch and refresh the garlic 4 times before pan frying in butter until golden brown. Add the diced potatoes to the pan, then the mushrooms; remove from the heat. Gently warm the spinach in butter and water, season and remove.
- Place all the vegetables and spinach in the centre of the plate. Cut the lamb in half and place on top and serve immediately.
Click for more information on: Cunard