The Foreign and Commonwealth Office have advised against all non-essential travel to Kenya.
They have highlighted the following areas as those to avoid unless for essential travel:
- areas within 60km of the Kenya-Somali border
- Kiwayu and coastal areas north of Pate Island
- Garissa District
- the Eastleigh area of Nairobi
- low income areas of Nairobi, including all township or slum areas
- Mombasa island and within 5km of the coast from Mtwapa creek in the north down to and including Tiwi in the south (this area does not include Diani or Moi international airport)
Tour operators in Kenya including Thomson and First Choice have cancelled all flights to Mombasa, the second-largest city in Kenya, until October and are flying holidaymakers home as a precautionary measure.
If you have travel plans that involve Kenya, please talk to your travel agent.
For more information, visit the Foreign Office’s website.
Download the Cruise International app to your mobile today
|No mobile device? Purchase directly on Zinio for your desktop!|