Toy producer to design and equip cruising’s first-ever LEGO playrooms
The new play areas will debut on board MSC Armonia, which is currently being lengthened and refitted as part of the cruise line’s £160 million Renaissance Programme.
MSC Cruises’ CEO Gianni Onorato said: “LEGO bricks and toys are close to the hearts of millions of people who grew up playing with them, and with this partnership we hope to give our younger guests some magical memories that they’ll treasure forever. We’re proud to be able to make The LEGO Group a contributor to the MSC cruise concept, and I know our younger guests are going to love this exciting new addition.”
Larger LEGO play areas will be included in two vessels now being built for MSC Cruises by Fincantieri and STX France, both scheduled for delivery in 2017. All three ships will have two kids’ clubs – the Mini Club and Junior Club – fitted out in building brick style.
The new LEGO Experience on board will include:
· DUPLO Play Pen: supervised play for children under five, including educational games and challenges
· Classic LEGO bricks for free time play (children aged five-11)
· The LEGO Vertical Play Wall: a fun game that pits two teams against each other to complete the building of a figure on each side of the wall (children aged 7-11)
· Building Happening: a contest for two teams to create the most impressive construction (children aged 6-11)
· LEGO Tech Experience: free play with LEGO-branded games on X-Box, Wii and PlayStation (children aged 7-11)
Guests will get their first chance to see the LEGO play areas when MSC Armonia returns to service on 19 November with an inaugural cruise from Genoa, Italy to the Canary Islands.
Download the Cruise International app to your mobile today
|No mobile device? Purchase directly on Zinio for your desktop!|