Princess Cruises reveals celebrity speakers on Sky Princess
By Katie McGonagle | 23 Feb 2022
Princess Cruises has revealed its line-up of celebrity speakers to appear on voyages from Southampton this year on board Sky Princess
Actress Linda Robson, celebrity chef Rustie Lee, The Royle Family’s Ricky Tomlinson and England cricketer Graham Gooch are among the celebrity speakers set to wow passengers on Sky Princess sailings in 2022.
Guests from across the worlds of entertainment, sport and music are set to appear as part of the Encounters with Discovery at Sea series, an element of Princess Cruises’ partnership with the Discovery Channel.
Sky Princess’s entertainment programme will also see pop star Gareth Gates performing on sailings departing on April 30, July 9, July 30 and August 20.
Tony Roberts, vice president of Princess Cruises UK & Europe, said: “Now in its fifth year, our UK-based celebrity speaker programme always receives rave reviews from our guests.
“Having the chance to hear from household names spanning TV, sports and entertainment during your holiday is a unique opportunity not often found at a land-based resort, and further adds to the wide range of entertainment and activities we already have onboard the beautiful Sky Princess.”
The full line-up of speakers and celebrity guests appearing on Sky Princess while the ship homeports in Southampton is as follows:
- Linda Robson, an English actress and presenter known for the role of Tracey Stubbs in ‘90s TV sitcom Birds of a Feather (appearing on: 14-night Spain, France and Portugal cruise, departing April 9).
- Rustie Lee, TV chef and presenter of classic 1980s cookery programmes focusing on Caribbean cuisine (appearing on: 14-night Mediterranean Adventure cruise, departing April 30).
- Ricky Tomlinson, an actor best known for his turn as Jim Royle in The Royle Family, along with previous roles in Brookside, Cracker and a series of films (appearing on: 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise, departing May 14).
- Grant Harrold, a former member of the British Royal Household and an expert in etiquette, on board for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations (appearing on: seven-night Scandinavia cruise departing Mary 28, and seven-night Norgwegian Fjords departing June 4).
- Derek Redmond, one of the country’s top athletes in the 1980s and 1990s, and a former British World and European relay champion who broke the British 400m record on two occasions (appearing on: 14-night Iceland and Norway cruise departing June 25).
- John Inverdale, a well-known TV and radio presenter who started his career in 1986 as a sports reporter on BBC Radio 2 (appearing on: 14-nigt Baltic Heritage, departing July 9).
- Patrick Aryee, a wildlife TV presenter and documentary filmmaker who has spent more than a decade working with broadcasters including National Geographic, Sky Nature and the BBC (appearing on: seven-night Spain, France and Portugal cruise, departing July 23).
- Tommy Walsh, a TV presenter and celebrity builder who has appeared on DIY shows such as Ground Force and Homes Under the Hammer (appearing on: 14-night Mediterranean cruise, departing July 30).
- Simon Weston, a veteran who joined the Welsh Guards in 1978 and is known for his charity work and recovery from severe burns suffered during the Falklands War (appearing on: 14-night Land of the Midnight Sun cruise, departing August 20).
- Sue Holderness, a British actress known for her portrayal of Marlene in Only Fools and Horses (appearing on: 14-night Baltic Heritage, departing September 3, and 25-night Canada and New England cruise, departing September 24).
- Colin McClachlen, a former SAS operative who starred in Channel 4 show SAS: Who Dares Wins (appearing on: 25-night Canada and New England cruise, departing September 24).
- Graham Gooch, former England cricketer and a highly successful international batsman, awarded an OBE for his services to cricket in 1991 (appearing on: 10-night Canary Islands cruise, departing October 19).
Further musical acts set to appear include tribute band the Beatback beatles, vocalists Jenny Williams and Ross Hunter, instrumentalist Chris Watkins, ventriloquist Gareth Oliver and comedians Jeff Stevenson, Josh Daniels and Tom Binns.
All-inclusive fares start from £799 per person for a seven-night Norwegian Fjords cruise departing April 23, 2022, sailing round-trip from Southampton. Find out more from Princess Cruises.