As we settle into another week of life in lockdown, check out the latest virtual offerings on the weekly schedule from Viking.TV.
Since news of sailing restrictions and lockdowns, Viking has been one of the leading cruise lines in offering exciting virtual experiences for their loyal and prospective guests.
This week, Viking.TV continues to bring arts and culture, as well as enriching interviews to homes around the world.
Join Ann Dumas, curator at the prestigious Royal Academy of Arts for a special Wednesday Arts & Music session. One of the most esteemed art institutions in the UK, the Royal Academy of Arts is one of Viking’s cultural partners.
Anne Diamond returns on Thursday to interview Paul Hervey-Brookes, highly-respected garden and landscape designer . Having won a number of awards at some of the world’s greatest flower shows, including two gold medals with Viking at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, Paul will discuss his plant-focused philosophy, his recent achievements, and his passion for art and design.
Lady Carnarvon takes viewers on a tour of Highclere Castle’s walled garden to learn the special role its botanicals play in the castle’s gin.
See below for more of this week’s Viking.TV offerings.
Weekly Viking.TV Schedule
Each livestream begins each day at 7PM BST. Content is also taped and available to view the following day on Viking.TV.
- Monday, June 1 – On Museum Monday, examine The Green Rooms series by Munch with scholars from Oslo’s Munch Museum.
- Tuesday, June 2 – Paul Dawson returns for a new Resident Historian Tuesday series to discuss the History of France.
- Wednesday, June 3 – This special Arts & Music Wednesday session will be hosted by Ann Dumas, Curator at the Royal Academy of Arts, one of the most prestigious art institutions in the UK.
- Thursday, June 4 – Join Anne Diamond for an interview with Paul Hervey-Brookes, highly-respected garden and landscape designer. As well as being an accomplished designer, Paul has created a number of show gardens including six at the Chelsea Flower Show, where he won Gold with Viking.
- Friday, June 5 – On Friday, At Home at Highclere will continue to share the beautiful spring blooms with Lady Carnarvon from the estate’s walled garden. The botanicals from the castle’s gardens, including lavender, give Highclere Castle gin its unique flavor.
- Saturday, June 6 – Sit back and relax with another Saturday session of Mind and Body with Mona Therese
- Sunday, June 7 – Exploring More with Karine will take viewers to Monet’s garden and more gardens around the world.