Check out the latest virtual offerings on the weekly schedule from Viking.TV.
Since news of sailing restrictions and lockdowns, Viking has been one of the leading cruise lines in offering exciting virtual experiences for their loyal and prospective guests – and this week the cruise line will take viewers on a virtual exploration of the British Isles ahead of the launch of the ‘Welcome Back’ sailing dates.
While England’s Scenic Shores itinerary (with special sailings starting 22 May 2021) is currently only available to UK guests, Viking.TV will open the doors of exploration and cultural enrichment for all.
This week’s Viking.TV schedule will include a special look at the RHS Art Collection with highlights from the Botanical Arts ; on Wednesday, Viking’s Karine Hagen will share more on the great homes in the UK, including Highclere Castle, where guests can explore with Privileged Access. On Thursday, don’t miss the exclusive interview with Lord Derby, who shares insight on running stately homes, such as Knowsley Hall – which guests can visit during the sailings this May. Then, on Fridays At Home, viewers will explore the little known islands of Scilly and the Tresco Abbey Garden.
Check out the full schedule for this week’s Viking.TV below.
Each livestream begins each day at 7PM BST. Content is also taped and available to view the following day on Viking.TV.
- Monday, 26 April – Museum Mondays: Join for a special look at the RHS Art Collection with highlights from the Botanical Arts, accompanied by art curator, Charlotte Brooks and RHS Head of Libraries and Exhibitions, Fiona Davison.
- Tuesday, 27 April – Resident Historian Tuesdays: Join the Viking resident historian’s iconic lecture with Ambassador Tom Macan, History of Britain,and explore how four nations became one United Kingdom.
- Wednesday, 28 April – Wanderlust Wednesdays: Learn more about Viking’s British Isles cruise extensions. Karine Hagen will share more on the great homes, including Highclere Castle, guests can explore with Privileged Access if they choose to stay longer in the UK.
- Thursday, 29 April – Guest Speaker Thursdays: Join Anne Diamond for her discussion with Lord Edward Derby and what it is like to run a large stately home. Guests on Viking’s England’s Scenic Shores itinerary (available exclusively for UK residents starting in May 2021) will be able to visit Knowsley Hall on a shore excursion from Liverpool.
- Friday, 30 April – Fridays At Home in…Tresco: On the Isles of Scilly join Mike Nelhams, curator of the Tresco Abbey Garden. Mike will share more about the garden and what visitors to these little known islands will experience.
- Saturday, 1 May – Another opportunity to relax and unwind with a session of Mind and body with Mona Therese on Saturday.
- Sunday, 2 May – Sissel Sundays: This week, Sissel will perform songs themed around “Live and Love While You Dare.”
Viking.TV recently celebrating one year of providing innovative content. Speaking about the anniversary, Karine Hagen, Executive Vice President of Viking says: “This time last year, we were all trying to find our way in a changed world. We launched Viking.TV because we felt there was a need to connect our guests, crew and other curious people to the world during a time of great isolation, uncertainty and fear.
“Now after 12 months, we are honoured to have welcomed so many esteemed guests from our longstanding cultural relationships—and to have brought them virtually into the homes of so many people.”
Karine adds: “We greatly look forward to restarting limited operations in May, and in the meantime, we are pleased to continue offering Viking.TV as a source of daily positivity and learning.”