Win a CroisiEurope Seine cruise
By Rebecca Bradbury | 29 Aug 2019
Win a CroisiEurope Seine cruise for two in our fantastic prize draw.
We have teamed up with Europe’s largest river cruise operator, CroisiEurope, to offer you the chance to win a fabulous seven-night Seine Valley cruise for two, which includes overnights in Paris and Rouen, as well as stops in Vernon, Duclair and Honfleur.
For a chance to win this fantastic prize, you must enter online (below) by 11.59pm on 27 September 2019.
The winner will board either MS Botticelli or MS Seine Princess in Paris, just a stone’s throw away from the Eiffel Tower, and after settling into your cabin, you’ll enjoy cocktails and dinner followed by an evening in Paris.
The next morning, you’ll discover iconic Parisian sights, including the Bastille, the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs Elysées and the Eiffel Tower on a guided city tour, before exploring independently in the afternoon when you could treat yourself to an excursion touring the city in a vintage 2CV.
The first call along the Seine is Vernon and, from here, you’ll travel to the home of Claude Monet in Giverny where you’ll uncover secrets of the French Impressionist and his works of art, including the house he lived in for 43 years, the lily pond that inspired his most famous paintings and his wonderful flowering gardens.
After cruising through the night you’ll arrive in Duclair and set off on an excursion along the Norman Abbeys Trail, interspersed with the beautiful ruins of the Jumièges Abbey, the cloisters and ruins of the Church of St Peter, and the spiritual Abbey of Saint Wandrille founded in 649.
Ports don’t come any prettier than Honfleur, which will be your next port of call. From here, you’ll visit the charming Côte Fleurie (Flowery Coast) and Château Breuil, where there’s a Calvados tasting. Then in the afternoon, a guided tour of Honfleur will introduce you to the Vieux Bassin, the original 17th-century Salt Halls, Saint Léonard Church and Saint Catherine’s Church, the largest wooden church in France.
The following morning you’ll cruise to Rouen where the ship will dock just a five-minute walk away from the historic centre and famous cathedral. During a guided walking tour you’ll visit the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the marketplace where Joan of Arc was burned alive for heresy in 1431, the 14th-century Gros-Horloge (Great Clock), which is one of the best known monuments in the city, and finally the Saint Joan of Arc Church situated in the picturesque old marketplace.
From Rouen you’ll cruise to Les Andelys and take an excursion to the Château de Martainville, which, built in the 15th and 16th centuries, is a rare example of the first Renaissance architecture in Normandy. The building is also home to The Museum of Traditions and Arts of Normandy, showcasing a wonderful collection of everyday items from the 15th to the 19th century, including furniture, crockery, kitchen utensils and Norman clothing. Back on board you’ll enjoy a Gala dinner and evening, and you’ll disembark the morning after in Paris.
Both MS Seine Princess and MS Botticelli feature comfortable en suite cabins, an elegant restaurant serving buffet breakfast and delicious three-course lunches and dinners, a luxurious lounge bar with panoramic views, and a sun deck where you can relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
To enter the competition, answer this question by 11.59pm on 27 September 2019. Terms and conditions can be viewed below.
Terms & Conditions:
1. The Seine Valley prize is for two people sharing and includes return economy flights from London or return train travel on Eurostar; the seven-night / eight-day cruise; Classic Excursions package; all meals and drinks on board; all port charges, airport taxes and overseas transfers.
2. The cruise is available to be taken on selected dates in 2020, subject to availability, and the prize cannot be extended. The prize winner and their companion are responsible for arranging their UK transfers. Travel insurance and gratuities are not included. Any other expenses incurred during the period of the prize will be the responsibility of the prize winner and their companion.
3. No cash alternative will be offered and prizes are non-transferable. Prize is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The prize winner will be responsible for supplying valid passports and, where necessary, for obtaining appropriate vaccinations and inoculations.
4. It is strongly recommended that travellers take out adequate travel insurance. CroisiEurope cannot be responsible for unforeseen cancellations of flights. CroisiEurope cannot be responsible for the unforeseen cancellation of the holiday due to circumstances beyond their control.
5. The competition is open to residents of the UK and Northern Ireland aged 18 and over. CroisiEurope reserves the right to substitute an alternative cruise of a similar value due to any unforeseen circumstances.
6. In addition to these terms and conditions, the Chelsea Magazine Company terms and conditions apply. These can be viewed at chelseamagazines.com/the-chelsea-magazine-company-terms-and-conditions/.