Win a holiday with MSC Cruises
By Katie McGonagle | 28 Jan 2022
Enter our competition now for your chance to sail from Southampton to the Norwegian fjords on an all-inclusive cruise for two onboard MSC Virtuosa
Seeing the ground-breaking MSC Virtuosa launch in Southampton last year was just the lift we cruise fans were looking for. Not only was it the first ship to set sail, kicking off a whole summer of UK cruising and signalling the sector’s restart, but it was also such an incredible ship with so many innovative onboard features, you couldn’t help but feel inspired to get back out on the high seas.
Now, you’ll have the chance to see it for yourself as MSC Virtuosa returns to Southampton for another summer of all-inclusive sailings this year – and we’ve teamed up with MSC Cruises to give one lucky reader and their guest a chance to get on board.
Win a cruise to the Norwegian fjords
MSC Cruises is giving away a seven-night holiday for two adults on MSC Virtuosa, departing from Southampton on June 11, 2022, and sailing to the Norwegian fjords.
With an easy embarkation at Southampton, you’ll spend a day at sea exploring what the ship has to offer: from the MSC Starship Club that features a bar manned by Rob, the only robotic bartender at sea, to the longest LED Dome on the ocean sitting overhead an indoor promenade of shops, restaurants and beautiful boutiques. Plus you’ll find five pools, a spa and many other facilities, and you can sleep easy knowing it’s one of the most environmentally friendly ships at sea with energy efficiency measures and much-reduced emissions.
Once you reach Norwegian shores, some of the highlights include stopping off at Hellesylt, a tiny town on the edge of the magnificent Geiranger fjord. There, you can journey up the Eagle Route towards the Seven Sisters Waterfall, enjoying impressive views across the fjord on the way. Alternatively, visit the Briksdal glacier, the subject of much scientific study thanks to its unusual erosion patterns, which is bounded by a picturesque glacial lake.
Next, it’s a scenic journey through the Sognefjord, the longest of all the Norwegian fjords, to Flåm, tucked away amid the forested mountains. Take the famous train journey from Flåm to Kjosfossen on the Bergen line for views across these verdant natural landscapes, full of deep gorges, plunging waterfalls and tiny little mountain farms clinging on to the sides of the slopes.
The ship then heads south to Kristiansand, full of art galleries and striking architecture, before returning to the UK.
Enjoy MSC Cruises’ all-inclusive offer
If the journey has whetted your appetite, then you’re in luck – because MSC Cruises is also throwing in its new all-inclusive drinks package. The line is giving guests the most hassle-free holiday experience possible by offering all-inclusive drinks packages across many itineraries in the Caribbean, United Arab Emirates, the Red Sea and the Mediterranean, so they can plan their spending ahead of their holiday.
The drinks package will also be available on all cruises sailing from Southampton this year when booked by March 31, including MSC Magnifica until April, and 20 sailings on MSC Virtuosa from April to October, as part of the line’s commitment to base a ship in the UK year-round.
So all you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the view.
Pictures: MSC Cruises/Ivan Sarfatti; Mbox
Enter the competition
Terms and conditions:
- This prize offered by MSC Cruises S.A. (“MSC Cruises”) is for one 7 (seven) night cruise for two people (the “Winner” and the Winner’s “Guest”) onboard MSC Virtuosa to be taken on June 11, 2022 ,from Southampton.
- The prize is for two adults sharing one balcony cabin.
- The prize is on a cruise-only basis and does not include flights or transfers. The Winner and Guest are responsible for arranging transfers to the cruise departure destination.
- The prize includes a ‘Premium Extra Drinks Package’ which allows the guests to enjoy whilst on board, unlimited consumption of all drinks priced up to €13. The Premium Extra Package can be enjoyed in our bars, buffet, main restaurant and speciality restaurants but does not cover our signature venues (Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop, Jean-Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato, Starship Club, Hola! Tacos & Cantina)
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older and UK residents.
- The selected Winner must book their cruise by April 15, 2022. Such booking shall be subject to MSC Cruises’ terms and conditions (including but not limited to any requirements specific to COVID-19) and conditions of carriage.
- Gratuities usually applied to the cost of cruise ticket are included.
- The prize excludes all other on board expenses including but not limited to the bar / spa tariff, dining in speciality restaurants etc. To the extent the Winner or Guest incurs such additional expenses, these must be paid for by the Winner.
- The prize does not include insurance. It is mandatory for the Winner and Guest to be in possession of Covid-19 travel insurance prior to their holiday and for the duration, as per MSC Cruises embarkation policy and terms and conditions. MSC Cruises reserves the right to deny embarkation for any person that does not provide valid insurance upon embarkation. For more details please visit MSC Cruises’ health and safety page.
- This prize is capacity controlled, subject to black-out dates, not for resale, non-refundable and non-transferable. No cash/credit refunds can be given under any circumstances and this prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer.
- The Winner will be solely responsible for any tax liability incurred as a result of this offer and prize.
- MSC Cruises reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the prize in the event of unforeseen circumstances and/or circumstances beyond the control of MSC Cruises, in each case to be determined in the sole discretion of MSC Cruises.
- The organisers’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The sponsors, their agents and/or suppliers of service accept no liability or responsibility in connection with injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of this competition or the prize awarded.
- Entry to the prize draw signifies acceptance for the use of submitted information and personal data by MSC Cruises. Such information and personal data may be collected, processed, stored and used in accordance with the terms and conditions of MSC Cruises to enable MSC Cruises to perform the cruise.
- The Winner may be asked to participate in any reasonable press or PR activity relating to the competition. The Winner agrees to his/her name and/or photo and/or likeness being used for publicity purposes, without compensation.
- These terms and conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of these terms and conditions or their subject matter is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.